SAGWA provides member teachers with professional development through teacher training, networking, and information on best teaching practices.
Annual Teacher Membership ($50) or Lifetime Teacher Membership ($500)**
* A portion of Annual Teacher Membership fee is applied to SAGWA Scholarship Fund.
** If you are currently an Annual Member, you can upgrade to a Lifetime Member by logging in and visiting your profile.
Note: Each teacher must be an individual teacher member. Affiliation with a SAGWA Organization Member does not replace an individual Teacher Membership.
- Participation in SAGWA-sponsored teacher and student events
- Discounts and early-entry registration for selected SAGWA-sponsored events
- Discounts at local music stores and services offered by SAGWA business partners
- Discounted tickets to classical music events held in the Washington DC area
- Eligibility for your students to apply for SAGWA Student Scholarships
- Eligibility for SAGWA Teacher Scholarships
- Inclusion of your family members under the Teacher Membership; there is no need to have both Teacher and Family membership in the same family.
- Listing in the SAGWA Teacher Directory “Find a Teacher”
- Listing of studio sponsored events on the SAGWA website
- Ability to apply for SAGWA event sponsorship
- Ability to contact select groups of SAGWA members; SAGWA does not release contact information but can forward material to members who have not opted out of receiving such information.
- Discount on SAGWA online or print advertising
- Leadership opportunities within the SAGWA community, including becoming a Board or committee member
- Voting privileges for Board of Directors Elections