SAGWA is committed to helping member teachers with professional development that will be to the benefit of SAGWA members, to the best of SAGWA’s in-kind, professional and financial ability. Teacher members should not hesitate to contact the SAGWA Board in this regard. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
$50* for a one-year Teacher Membership or
$500 for a life-time Teacher Membership**
*$15 of each $50 Teacher membership is applied to SAGWA's tax-deductible scholarship fund.
**If you are currently an annual member, you can upgrade to a life-time member by logging in and visiting your profile.
Some points to note concerning SAGWA Teacher membership from the existing SAGWA by-laws:
- SAA Teacher Membership. SAGWA requires Teacher Members to be current Active Teacher Members of SAA in order to register as a SAGWA Teacher member. This is completely separate and in addition to SAGWA membership. Register through SAA online or by contacting the SAA office. SAA will confirm Teacher Membership with SAGWA.
- Each teacher must be an individual member themselves. Schools and organizations are not umbrella groups able to provide an alternative to individual teacher membership. Each teacher at a school or organization needs to be a member on their own.
All the Family Membership benefits as well as:
- Inclusion of Teachers’ family members under the Teacher membership. There is no need to have both Teacher and Family membership in the same family.
- Listing as a local registered SAGWA teacher on the website “find a teacher” function
- A 25% discount on online and print advertising from non-member rates.
- Free link to each teacher’s private website. This will be provided from the “find a teacher” function..
- Access to Teacher Member section of SAGWA website. This section of the website is still under construction. If you have any particular requests for this section, please email email@example.com
- Participation in SAGWA teacher-only events such as SPA courses, Teacher Development Programs, Training Registry, Teacher Scholarships, Organizational Support, Resource Materials and more.
- Performance opportunities in SAGWA and/or public concerts, that may or may not be fundraisers for SAGWA. Performing in events or concerts with other SAGWA teachers and/or students.
- Partial tax-deduction. $15.00 of every $50 Teacher membership goes to the SAGWA scholarship fund from the membership fee.
- Ability to contact groups of SAGWA Teacher Members through the website via an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a desired distribution specification such as “all piano teachers”, if the content is deemed by the Board to be relevant and of interest to SAGWA Teacher members (e.g. Teachers can email fellow teachers, forward brochures and advertising for studio or other related events). SAGWA does not release contact information but can forward material to members who have not opted out of receiving such contact. Members can opt out of receiving such information at any time.
- Listings on the website of events approved for listing (concerts, fundraisers, competitions, orchestral auditions etc). SAGWA-sponsored events will be listed automatically. All other events will be listed after approval and checking for relevancy to the SAGWA membership body.
- Listing for studio student achievement for events relevant to education or musical achievement, subject to approval.
- Ability to present a budget to SAGWA to apply for SAGWA sponsorship for the event, subject to Board approval and any other restrictions. Contact email@example.com for more information and requirements.
- Web and newsletter content: Ability to provide a teacher or studio or event profile, write-ups of past events photos, studio concerts etc.
- Resource materials on Teacher Member section of website. This may include a list of available performance venues (location, contact person, piano and stage set-up information etc) and more. Send any requests for additional information you would like to see on the website to firstname.lastname@example.org